- These massive creatures could grow up to 40 feet long and weighed up to 20,000 pounds! They had very large teeth that were up to 12 inches long and sharp claws that could reach up to three feet in length.
- T-Rex lived during the late Cretaceous period, which was about 65-85 million years ago. They were the last of the non-avian dinosaurs and went extinct about 65 million years ago.
- T-Rex were carnivores and ate other dinosaurs, as well as smaller animals. They most likely used their powerful jaws and sharp teeth to tear their prey apart. They also may have used their claws to help kill or capture their food.
- These massive creatures walked on two legs and had a long tail that they used for balance. They also had very small arms that had two fingers on each hand. It is believed that they could run up to 25 miles per hour!
- The average lifespan of a T-Rex was about 20-30 years, but some could live up to 50 years old. The oldest known Tyrannosaurus Rex was “Sue,” who lived to be about 28 years old.
These are just some of the interesting facts about T-Rex! These massive creatures were truly the kings of the dinosaurs and ruled during the late Cretaceous period. There is still much that we don’t know about them, but they continue to fascinate us nonetheless.
Do you have any other interesting facts about T-Rex? Share them with us in the comments below!